cahoots n : collusion; "in cahoots with"
- , /kəˈhuːts/, /k@"hu:ts/
- Cahoots is only ever used in the phrases in cahoots (for collusion within a group), in cahoots with (for collusion between two or more parties) and, more rarely, go cahoots (share equally in an expense or become partners - in the partnership sense also go in cahoots).
Cahoots may refer to:
- Cahoots (album), the fourth LP by Canadian-American rock group The Band
- Cahoots (magazine), an independent Canadian women's magazine
- In Cahoots, a Canterbury scene band let by guitarist Phil Miller
- Cahoot, an internet bank in the United Kingdom
- Cahoots (film), a 2001 movie directed by Dirk Benedict
- Cahoot's Macbeth, a play by Tom Stoppard
- Cahoots (play), a play by Claudia Allen that premiered at Chicago's Victory Gardens Theater on May 12, 2000.
accompaniment, accordance, affiliation, agreement, alignment, alliance, amalgamation, association, co-working, coaction, coadunation, coalescence, coalition, coincidence, collaboration, colleagueship, collectivity, collegialism, collegiality, collusion, combination, combined effort, comradeship, concert, concerted action, concomitance, concordance, concourse, concurrence, confederacy, confederation, confluence, confraternity, conjunction, consilience, consolidation, conspiracy, cooperation, copartnership, copartnery, correspondence, federation, fellowship, fraternalism, fraternity, fraternization, freemasonry, fusion, hookup, inclusion, incorporation, integration, junction, league, merger, parasitism, partnership, saprophytism, simultaneity, sodality, sorority, symbiosis, synchronism, synergy, tie-in, tie-up, unification, union, united action